I know it's been awhile, but bare with me, it's been a rough semester. But, I'm back and that's what matters. One of my collections that I get teased about is my typewriter collection. Two years ago my ex left for basic and I was writing letters everyday, so it seemed to make sense to get a typewriter. I bought just one, an antique black one. (it's actually in the last post if you look carefully at the picture!) It's really beautiful and I will always love it. But, that purchase prompted the collection and my mom would bring 2 or 3 home from yard sales every couple weeks that people gave her. Right now, I have 10 typewriters. Most of them don't work, but they're beautiful and scattered around the room. Here is a picture of most of the collection.

Each typewriter has a name and I love them. I love the classic feel of a typewriter and the aesthetic they provide. I also use them to type directly on my photographs. Because the way a typewriter works I can see the photo and where I'm typing while doing it, making it much easier than using a computer. You can see more of the collection in the
flickr set that includes the above photo.
-The collector
No comments:
Post a Comment